Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Beautiful Disruption . . .


A Beautiful Disruption . . .

The other night I was snugly warm next to our toasty fire.  I love fires.  It was a pleasant and cozy night.  The kind of ideal, picturesque moment you try to emulate when amazingly all the stars align and a small piece of utopia is in your midst: warm fire, comfy clothes, a quiet home, and peaceful white snowflakes dancing outside of the living room window.  Ahhhhhhhhhhh . . .loveliness.  The only thing missing was a glass of wine and some kind of delectable snack tray.  If you don’t know me well, good ambiance and me are cousins who wish we could spend more time together.  My aunt-in-law was channel surfing through our eight hundred plus channels and paused long enough on the “The Princess Diaries” for each of our “inner teenagers” to wake right up and join in. 

I was greatly enjoying my momentary piece of couch perching perfection until I found myself feeling the beginnings of an internal murmur.  You might know what I mean, when God catches your off guard, when all your defenses are down, and He spins some kind of beautiful disruption in your unarmed heart.  If you’ve seen the second movie of “The Princess Diaries,” after all the Princesses prepping, pruning, and clumsy attempts of living as royalty, she finally chooses to become the “Queen of Genovea.”  She shakes off her old, uncertain persona, sheds her geeky glasses and starts looking at people in the eyes when she’s talking to them.  She grabs the vision of who she’s meant to be and takes her step into place.  This is life she’s been preparing for, where she’s been told she belongs, and what she’s secretly hoped for.  She’s beautiful, lovely, glistening and adorned, as only royalty would be.  

Oh . . . . . . . . . . . .an unexpected disruption.  God whispering to my heart through a teenybopper movie that my life is so much more than it appears to be, and I am not yet living in all that I truly am.  There is more than my cozy couch, and toasty fire, and my momentary fabrication of a sad attempt at ambiance.  There is more to my story, and there is more to yours.  He was trying to give me a glimpse through His gentle whisper, His beautiful disruption.  It was an internal nudging to remember . . .to remember who I really am, who we really are; daughters of the King, heirs in His Kingdom, adorned through His majesty, shimmering reflections of His light . . . living . . . breathing . . . Royalty. 

Let it sink in for a minute before you toss it out as some fickle fairytale.  This is our story as Scripture says. 

In the quiet of your heart remember . . . this is not all that there is . . . .we are more than we see and more than we feel.  He made our hearts and He’s whispering into them beautiful disruptions in hopes that we’ll catch His glimpse of us.  It is time to shake off that uncertain peasant-like persona and step into His light, the King’s light, and become all that He meant you to be.   

“The Princess Diaries” . . . my latest beautiful disruption, calling me home to the Heart of King towards me.  We are no peasants . . .we are the ones He loves . . .His beautiful daughters . . .His lovely heirs.   

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. What a beautiful, refreshing reminder. I love the 'beautiful disruption'... how your heart was perched and ready to receive and how the Spirit spoke to your open heart. Just beautiful. Thank you for sharing this.

    And... I am SO EXCITED for your first blog post! May there be many more!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete